Introduction to this Policy.
This Policy shall be supplemented by our Terms and Conditions of Use, and any other guidelines, terms and policies made available by us from time to time, all incorporated herein by reference.
Scope of this Policy.
Cloudbusiness offers solutions and business accounting software development to small and medium businesses. You can choose from our products or develop with us your own, customized to your specific requirements. We are ready to help you to effectively manage your business online, as the result you can focus on issues that are more important.
Henceforth, this Policy is applicable to the information collected through your use of our platform, our downloadable mobile application software (if any), the Site, our websites, services and products, as applicable. As used herein and elsewhere, the words “collect”, “use”, “process”, “treat”, “disclose” and analogous shall be related to personally identifiable information (the “PI”) and other data that we may collect from our users and/or visitors, including cookies inside a computer and mobile device IDs.
By registering with us or otherwise using our products and services, you thereto consent to the collection, transfer, processing, storage, disclosure and other uses of your PI as described in this Policy. We will also ask for your specific consent to certain parts of the service (i.e. newsletter subscription) via clickable boxes with legends similar or analogous to “I Accept”.
Information You Provide to Us.
When you sign up for any of our account options, you will need to provide your name, surname, age, ethnicity, email address, gender, geo-location and phone number, among other information. We will store your personal data for the purposes of managing your collaboration with other users and persons, improve your user experience, send newsletters and contact you about inquiries for our services. If you do not wish to disclose any personal data, then your sole remedies shall be to close this web tab, delete your account and/or exit the Site.
Here at CloudBusiness, we work hard to earn and keep your trust; and therefore we adhere to the following principles in order to protect your privacy: (i) we will not sell or lease your PI to third parties; (ii) we will not disclose your PI with other users or third parties without your consent; (ii) any PI that you provide to CloudBusiness will be secured with industry standard safety protocols and technology.
Information We May Collect if You Use Our Technology and Services.
We may collect both “Non-Personal Information” and “Personal Information” about you. “Non-Personal Information” includes information that cannot be used to personally identify you, such as anonymous usage data, aggregate user statistics, analytics, demographic information, web site usage information, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, preferences you submit and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and number of clicks. “Personal Information” includes PI that can be used to personally identify you, such as your name, address and email address.
We will not share PI with third parties for marketing purposes without your permission. With your consent, these third parties may offer promotions (including email promotions) or sell items or services to you through our services.
For some of our partners, this information will be shared automatically. For other third parties, such as our affiliates, this information will only be shared with your explicit permission or if you choose to share it via your account or mobile device’s settings.
CloudBusiness may offer the functionality of using your third-party credentials (e.g. Microsoft, Slack, Google or Facebook) to execute single-sign-on, and in that manner we will also collect your PI as provided to us by such third-party platforms; such as your account data, text, archives, photos, bookmarks, info of your contacts and their common contacts, login data and profile information such as “about me”, “friend lists” and “interests”. ¿¿
You may also have the option of posting your activities on our services and other content to social media networks when you access content through our platform. For example, you may post to Facebook or Twitter that you used our services.
We will not collect more information when using such credentials beyond the PI such third parties generally disclose to us via their services. For more information, please refer to the terms and policies of such platforms.
Sharing Information with Facebook and Google for Marketing Purposes.
We may share your PI with third parties for similar audience marketing purposes. Similar audience marketing is also called lookalike audience marketing. The third parties we share your PI with for this type of marketing include Facebook and/or Google. Using your PI for similar audience marketing or lookalike audience marketing helps us find new audiences (users and customers) based on similar interests to yours, thus helping us improve our marketing services. Your PI may be shared with Facebook and Google for this type of marketing. By using our website and agreeing to our privacy notice, you are giving your consent for your PI to be used for the marketing purposes described within this section.
Disclosures to Successors.
If our business is sold or merges in whole or in part with another business that would become responsible for providing the website to you, we retain the right to transfer your PI to the new business. The new business would retain the right to use your PI according to the terms of this Policy as well as to any changes to this privacy notice as instituted by the new business.
We also retain the right to transfer your PI if our company files for bankruptcy and some or all of our assets are sold to another individual or business.
Financial Information Collected.
Information Collected from Mobile Devices.
When you access our platform via a mobile device, we may use your mobile device ID (i.e. the unique identifier assigned to a mobile device by the manufacturer) and/or Advertising ID (for Apple iOS 6 and later) instead of cookies in order to recognize you, track the number of relevant ads displayed, and their performance and display.
The CloudBusiness platform may include location-based features used to provide our services, and will be used to collect, use and share precise location data from your mobile device (including its reported real-time geographic location) and also to calculate your position within a determined area fence. This information may be used to provide location-based notifications, check-ins, local search, social networking and other functionalities.
Process of Information Collected by CloudBusiness.
We use your information to provide and improve our services and products. By storing your PI on our secure servers, we are able to shorten your login process and allow you to modify your personal profile online. We will generally collect, use and disclose your PI to:
- Provide, operate, maintain, improve, and promote our platform and our products and services.
- Verify your e-mail address; send password retrieval links and other account notices.
- Improve your user experience and provide you with personalized support
- Develop, research, process, safeguard and improve our services.
- Answer to comments, questions, and requests you submit to us.
- Offer promotions, newsletters, sweepstakes entries and rewards, send service related announcements and contact you about inquiries for our products and services.
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to our services, and other suspicious activities.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our products and services and for marketing or advertising purposes.
The information we collect is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- When it is necessary to share your PI in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of the specific application, or as otherwise required by law.
If you do not wish to disclose any or part of your PI to us, you may still be able to use some of the functionalities of our products and services, though we will not be able to guarantee that you will be able to enjoy them at their fullest if you elect not to disclose it to us. Overall, your final remedies will be to close this web tab, delete your account with us and/or exit the Site.
As our user, you will generally be able to control and select the amount and type of PI you may disclose to us. We continuously try to improve our user experience, and strive to provide you the best choices for the disclosure, edition or removal of the PI being processed by us. Accordingly, we will undertake the open and transparent management of your PI and will: (i) inform you about how your personal information may be used and disclosed (including overseas); (ii) maintain the safety and integrity of your personal information; and/or (iii) enforce your individual right to access and correct your personal information.
We will retain your PI only for as long as it is reasonably necessary for our business purposes (e.g. as long as your account is active). We will also retain and use your PI for our compliance obligations, to resolve disputes among our users, and enforce our contracts with authorized third parties.
You Rights as Data Subject.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) allows individuals in the EU greater control over their personal data and grants them a number of rights with regard to how that data is processed, stored, and accessed.
For the purposes of the GDPR, in the European Union CloudBusiness is both a “data controller” and a “data processor” of PI you provide to us for the primary purposes of providing you with our devices.
The section below covers the certain situations that you, as data subject, and we as a data controller, are most likely to see, but you should also carefully review the full list of data subject rights here: https://gdpr-info.eu/chapter-3/. You retain the right to access, amend, correct or delete your PI where it is inaccurate at any time. To do so, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to be Forgotten: You can request us to be “forgotten”; that is, to have your entire PI removed from our Service. If we are asked to do this, we will remove any PI you we collected from you as requester. We will also need to contact any third parties, such as our cloud service providers, that process your PI on our behalf. To ensure that any personal data in CloudBusiness’ possession can be removed in a timely manner, you can relay any request to be “forgotten” to us by submitting a request-
- Right to Data Portability: Under the GDPR, our users located in the EU may request CloudBusiness to send them any PI in our possession. In this case, we will provide you with any PI that you have in a commonly used, machine-readable format.
- Right to Data Access: As a data subject, you can ask CloudBusiness to confirm how and where your PI is being stored and processed. You also have the right to know how such that data is shared with third parties by us.
- Right to Data Rectification: As data subject, you have the right to obtain from CloudBusiness, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate PI concerning you.
- Right to be Informed: You have the right to be informed about the PI we collect from you, and how we process it.
- Right to Object: You have the right to object to us processing your PI for the following reasons:
- Processing was not based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling);
- Direct marketing (including profiling);
- Processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics; and
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
- Automated Individual Decision-Making and Profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
- Right to Complain: You have the right to file a complaint with supervisory authorities if your information has not been processed in compliance with the GDPR. If the supervisory authorities fail to address your complaint properly, you may have the right to a judicial remedy.
Your privacy request must include, at the least, the following information: (i) your complete name, address and/or e-mail address in order for us to notify you the response to your request; (ii) attached documents establishing your identity; and (iii) a clear and concise description of the PI with regard to which you seek to enforce any of your privacy rights. If you request rectification, please indicate amendments to be made and attach documentation to back up your request.
Upon receipt of your privacy request, and after due review, we may then edit, deactivate and/or delete your PI from our products and services within thirty (30) days. Please take into account that we may not be able to delete all of your data from our secure databases or the databases of third parties to which your PI has already been disclosed. If that is the case, please contact such third parties directly in order to request enforcement of your privacy rights. In case of secure databases under our control where deletion is impossible, we will make such information inaccessible.
Security of Your Information.
We use industry standard protocols and technology to protect your registered user information and PI, such as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and secure databases. Your PI is only accessible by a limited number of our employees who have special access rights. Overall, we implement and maintain reasonable security measures to protect our databases and records from unauthorized access, acquisition, destruction, use, modification or disclosure. Notwithstanding the foregoing, please take into account that the Internet and related transmissions are not secure or error free communication means.
Additionally, if you post information on a public forum, message board, blog or bulletin board, any PI you elect to disclose therein there may or will be read, collected and/or used by other users of such forums and could be used by third parties to send you unsolicited messages.
Lawful Disclosure of Information.
We must reserve our right to disclose your PI when we or our affiliates, clients, contractors, licensors, officers, agents and/or representatives reasonably believe it necessary to protect our interests, or where you result to be in breach of our Terms and Conditions of Use and/or this Policy. Accordingly, we will have the right to disclose any and all collected PI and/or data, under the following circumstances:
- If required under applicable law, rules or regulations.
- In response to a valid request or subpoena from a government or law enforcement agency.
- To defend ourselves and our affiliates, licensors, officers, agents and representatives from legal claims and processes brought to us by third parties (including takedown notices).
- To defend the property, rights and integrity of any of our users, advertisers or licensors.
- To stop or cause to cease any actions that we may consider to cause –whether allegedly or factually– a contingency or liability.
Email Communications & Opting Out.
We collect the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, aggregate information on what pages users’ access or visit, and information volunteered by the consumer (such as survey information and/or website registrations).
We will send you service-related announcements on occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our Service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, or a new enhancement is released, which will affect the way you use our Service, we might send you an email.
Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. Based upon the PI that you provide us, we may communicate with you in response to your inquiries to provide the services you request and to manage your account. We will communicate with you by email or telephone, in accordance with your wishes. We may also use your PI to send you updates and other promotional communications.
If you no longer wish to receive those email updates, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each update or communication.
Cookies & Web Beacons.
From time to time, we may place the so-called ‘cookies’ in your computer in order to track and collect data regarding your use of our products and services. Cookies are small text files that our services transfer to you and that allow us permit us to recognize you and obtain data such as the environment in which our products are operating, OS type and version.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies collect information about the use of the Site, such as pages visited, traffic sources, users’ interests, content management, and other website measurements.
- Functional Cookies. These cookies enable the Site to remember a user’s choices – such as their language, user name, and other personal choices – while using the Site. They can also be used to deliver services, such as letting a user make a blog post, listen to audio, or watch videos on the Site.
- Media Cookies. These cookies can be used to improve a website’s performance and provide special features and content. They can be placed by third parties who provide services to us.
- Advertising or Targeting Cookies. These cookies are usually placed and used by advertising companies to develop a profile of your browsing interests and serve advertisements on other websites that are related to your interests. You will see less advertising if you disable these cookies.
- Session Cookies. These cookies allow websites to link the actions of a user during a browser session. They may be used for a variety of purposes, such as remembering what a user has put in their shopping cart as they browse a website. Session cookies also permit users to be recognized as they navigate a website so that any item or page changes they make are remembered from page to page. Session cookies expire after a browser session; thus, they are not stored long term.
- Persistent Cookies. These cookies are stored on a user’s device in between browser sessions, which allows the user’s preferences or actions across a website (or, in some cases, across different sites) to be remembered. Persistent cookies may be used for a variety of purposes, including remembering users’ choices and preferences when using a website or to target advertising to them.
- Identifying the areas of our Site that you have visited
- Personalizing content that you see on our Site.
- Our Site analytics.
- Remarketing our products or services to you.
- Remembering your preferences, settings, and login details.
- Targeted advertising and serving ads relevant to your interests.
- Affiliate marketing.
- Allowing you to post comments.
- Allowing you to share content with social networks.
We also use the so-called ‘beacons’, which are small files, sometimes only a pixel in size, embedded onto the pages of our websites. Beacons are used to identify each of our pages in order to be analyzed by our system tools.
We may also collect and use the data contained in log files, which may include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider), the browser you used to visit our platform, the time you visited our platform and which sections you visited.
We do not currently offer “do-not-track” or similar mechanisms.
Third-Party Service Providers.
Our platform and our services may display hyperlinks to the websites of our commercial partners and other third parties. If you click on such links, you are choosing to visit such websites, and will be redirected there.
Please take into consideration that we are not responsible for the privacy and personal data practices undertook by such third parties (including any tools, cookies, information or content contained thereunto), and that we do not have control over the manner in which such third-parties may collect, process, treat or use your PI.
When you use such links to go to another website, our Policy and Terms are no longer into effect and your browsing thereof is in your own and final risk. In addition, any banner or ad that we may have on our platform does not constitute any endorsement of any third-party thereof.
Advertising, Opt-out Choice.
From time to time, we may use Google Analytics, Ad Words, Double Click and/or Ad Sense tracking codes, and other third-party software tools (such as remarketing codes) in order to collect information and marketing analytics about the manner in which you browse our platform and services.
The served ads will be targeted based on your previous browsing history, and may include retargeting codes. For example, third-party vendors may show you CloudBusiness’ ads on certain websites across the Internet, even after you leave our platform. The collected information is anonymized, meaning it cannot be tracked back to individuals. Using such tools, we learn how to optimize, and serve ads based on a user’s past visits, providing you with a better user experience.
You can learn more about how to opt-out by browsing Google’s opting-out and privacy pages located at www.google.com, or the Network Advertising Initiative website located at www.networkadvertising.org.
For more information on how Google collects and processes your data, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can prevent Google Analytics from using your information by opting out at this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Your PI may be accessed by us or our affiliates, agents, partners, advertisers or third-party service providers in the United States and other regions. The European Union has not found the United States and some other countries to have an adequate level of protection of PD under Article 45 of the GDPR. CloudBusiness relies on exceptions for specific situations as defined in Article 49 of the GDPR.
For European Union customers and users, by clicking the “I Accept” button or otherwise accepting the terms and conditions of our services through a clickable action or similar action, you hereby acknowledge, agree and accept that your PI may be transferred outside the European Union to the United States. We will use your PI to provide the goods, services, and/or information you request from us to perform a contract with you or to satisfy a legitimate interest of our company in a manner that does not outweigh your freedoms and rights.
Wherever we transfer, process or store your PI, we will take reasonable steps to protect it. We will use the information we collect from you in accordance with our Policy. By using our website, services, or products, you agree to the transfers of your PI described within this section.
California Online Privacy Protection Act.
In compliance with CalOPPA, we have hereby posted this conspicuous Policy to the public, indicating the PI being collected and the manner in which it may be disclosed and with whom. Accordingly, our users can may visit our platform using anonymous browsing, read this Policy linked from our home page, with the link including the word ‘Privacy’ or similar. We also comply with Policy changes notification to our users, and provide mechanisms that allow our users to manage their PI personal information.
Through the simple use of the platform and our products and services, you hereby represent and warrant that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age –or older– as of the date of first access thereof. If you are still a minor (which may depend on the jurisdiction where you reside), you may access our products and services, only under the direct supervision of your parent or legal guardian. CloudBusiness does not knowingly collect any kind of information from persons under the age of thirteen (13). If we learn or have reason to suspect that any user is under the age of thirteen (13), we will delete any PI under that user’s account.
We reserve the right to amend, change, suspend and/or update our platform, our products, our services, this Policy and/or our Terms, in whole or in part, from time to time and at our sole and final discretion. Your continued use thereof after the last effective date of modifications thereof indicates your acceptance of such modifications. We will post any updates on our platform, and may also send you an email or otherwise notify you of any material changes to this Policy.
From time to time, this Policy may be translated into other languages for your convenience. The English language version of each of these documents shall be the version that prevails and governs your use of Site and our products and services. Upon the case of any conflict between the English language version and any translated version, the English language version will prevail.
How to Contact Us.
If you have any questions or queries about us, our services, our Terms and Conditions of Use and/or this Policy, please contact us as indicated in our website: https://cloudbusinessllc.com/contact.
Date of last effective update is May 25th, 2018.